Even a fully populated cabinet can lose in the region of 50% of cooling air through escape routes which are outside the perimeter of the 19-inch equipment field. This causes massive wastage of cooling energy, increasing carbon footprint and reduces the cooling effect of the Computer Room Air Conditioning (CRAC).
Cannon's Air Management solutions effectively closes these escape routes ensuring that cooling air flows only through the active equipment present in the cabinet. Significant energy savings can be achieved and the CRAC will be less stressed, improving efficiency.
Hot New Product- Raised Floor Grommet-Floor Grommet-Floor Gland-Raised Floor Gland at a cool price!
The raised floor gland/floor grommet offering dramatic performance enhancements
A totally unique concept that corrects inadequacies in old fashioned floor grommets
- Surface mount
- Drop in "All in One" AIR-LOKK
- Power/Data Partition (optional extra)
- Removable Brush
Features and Benefits
- The brush grommetsis Quick-Fit, Quick-Release removable allowing access through the gland, to under floor
- The brush is mounted on a central bar so that the tips of the brush rest on the sides of the gland where the brush is not heavily distorted by cables
- (Cables do not pass through the root of the brush where bad distortion will occur)
- This patented orienntation of the brush dramatically improves air blockage and supports the brush droop over time
- Bend radii and cable tie points avoid corrupted data and simplify installation
- One AIR-LOKK gland can be either "surface mounted", "drop in" (into the cut out in the tile) or retro-fitted around pre-installed cables reducing the range of glands required
Locking Cold Air Flow Away from Hot Air
Two issues are of significant importance to separate Cold and Hot Air via any floor grommet,floor gland- rasied floor grommet- raised floor gland....i.e.
- Cold air pressure should not lift the brush strip seal and escape
- Hot air should not be sucked downwards into the cold air flow
Unique Brush Gland
The brush gland is pre-stressed to resist air pressure. The patented system provides firrm support to both ends of the brush and the brush tips press down, onto the radiused sides of the grommet, acting like leaf springs. This imparts greater resistance to air pressure.
Cannon Grommets Cost Benefits:
- Increases existing cooling unit capacity
- Reduces the need to purchase additional cooling units
- Improves equipment reliability and extends equipment life
- Increases static pressure under the raised floor and improves cool air delivery through perforated tiles or floor grates
- Facilitates Cold Aisle/Hot Aisle best practices
Sealing cable openings with KoldLok products provide a cost-effective airflow and thermal management solution. KoldLok Raised Floor Grommets will:
- optimize your current cooling infrastructure
- mitigate equipment heat loads
- increase data center reliability
Your IT equipment is generating more heat than ever and the cost to cool that equipment is increasing. According to The Uptime Institute, Inc. electricity consumed by IT equipment is the primary driver of data center infrastructure costs. Based on measurements at multiple data centers, 50 - 80% of valuable conditioned air is not reaching the air intake of IT equipment due to unsealed cable openings. This lost air, known as bypass airflow, contributes to equipment hot spots, cooling unit inefficiencies, and increasing infrastructure costs. Sealing cable openings is an essential component of IT equipment reliability and availability.
By installing KoldLok Raised Floor Grommets, you can optimize the effectiveness of your existing cooling equipment and manage the increasing heat loads. The patented KoldLok sealing system specifically addresses bypass airflow and its detrimental effects on data center cooling.
Cannon Integral Raised Floor Grommets
American Tech's products are compatible with the latest standards established by Dell, HP, IBM, Lanstar, Chatsworth. APW,Rittal,Hoffman and other server rack and data cabinet suppliers. With locations through the US, we serve all regions of the United States, Canada, Hawaii, AK and South America. Please call us for additional information for international shipments at (866) 342-3721
• Cut-out size in floor tile: 270mm x 185mm (105/8” x 75/16”)
• Fixing centres: 281mm x 195mm (111/16” x 711/16”)
• Overall dimensions: 296mm x 210mm x 40mm (113/4” x 81/4” x 19/16”)
• Height above floor tile (when fitted into floor tile): 3mm (flange thickness) (1/8”)
• Height above floor tile (when fitted above floor tile): 40mm (19/16”)